Wednesday, December 28, 2016

i need a haircut

every month and a half or so, I need a haircut. I'm not really sure why, but after a while the ends of a person's hair becomes 'dead' and no longer shiny or viable. why does this happen? its not like I have different hair, or that it is no longer attached to my head. after all, the hair just above these so-called 'dead ends' is healthy, so why does it cut off at a certain point? why cant your hair just grow and grow without needing to be trimmed?

when you think about something long enough, you don't understand what its about anymore. meaning, that you make it more complicated than it has to be. the adage of 'sleeping on it' is a real thing, I think. I know that every time I am worried about something, if I wait until the next morning to worry about it the problem doesn't seem as... well, problematic as before.

life makes you stressed. I'm surprised that I even have hair left on my head with work, school, family, drama, etc. meditation and deep-breathing techniques are supposed to be a help, so the professionals have told me. life is like one long string of problems with bright spots in-between; no amount of breathing or meditation will change this fact. its pretty sad to think about it... ive read somewhere that your heart has a finite number of beats.. so each minute you waste on being sad, or being in a place you don't want to be you are literally taking time off your own life.

its a global and human conundrum. one does things they don't want to do to counteract something they don't want to have. i.e.: working to make money -- work sucks but if you don't have money you cant have what you need to survive, such as food and shelter. I never want to go to bed, but I ultimately have to if I want to be able to function the next day. wasted time, but time everyone has to take out of their lives. ive read about this Italian family that has a genetic condition to which they are unable to sleep.. after awhile their brain is unable to sustain life any more, and they pass away. even so, no one truly knows what purpose sleep actually has.

me going to the hairdresser to get the ends of my hair cut off is a good half-hour spent about once every two months. and not going to the hairdresser out of defiance only exacerbates the problem. so I sit in a chair and let someone I don't know chop my once-beautiful hair off so it can become beautiful again. it doesn't make any sense. I don't think anything really does in life. we kind-of just bump around in an erratic manner until your heart stops beating.

No comments:

Post a Comment